Spicy Veggie Wraps
This is one of my favourite quick lunches to make, it’s the perfect balance of sweet and spicy. The avocado and beans make it super filling but also totally nourishing. This makes enough to fill 6 wraps. If there’s any mixture leftover, it’s a great quick meal if you add it to some rice!
I often make my own wraps using this recipe: http://www.paleonewbie.com/paleo-gluten-free-tortillas-recipe/
But feel free to use whatever wraps you like.
2 garlic cloves crushed
2 small red onions chopped
1 green chilli chopped
2 red peppers chopped/sliced
1 courgette chopped/sliced
1 Juice of a lemon
1 lime (or lemon if preferred)
1 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tsp salt (add to taste)
1 tbsp coconut oil (or oil of choice)
2 tsps paprika powder
Handful coriander chopped
Handful of beans – drained (kidney or black beans, but any work)
1 chopped avocado
- Melt the coconut oil in a pan on low to medium heat.
- Add the onions, paprika powder and chilli to the pan, let these simmer gently for a couple of minutes.
- Add the garlic and stir to make sure it doesn’t burn.
- After a minute add the peppers, courgette and beans and cook (stir often).
- Add the mayonnaise, lemon juice (of 1 lemon) and salt and stir in.
- Cook this for around 5-10 minutes depending on how soft you want the vegetables to be and how large the strips of vegetables are.
- Once the heat has been turned off, add the 3/4 of the coriander and stir in. Leave the last bit for garnishing.
- Serve the vegetable mix in a wrap of your choice with a chopped avocado and a squeeze of lime, some chilli flakes if desired, and some fresh coriander.