Contract of Care
We aim to give patients a prompt and efficient service, gaining results as quickly as possible.
This service is only possible if cancellations are notified as soon as possible.
‘Failed’ appointments cost the clinic a considerable amount per month and we have to remind patients that they are expected to pay the appropriate fee for professional time lost, unless 24 hours notice is given.
In making an appointment with the clinic, you agree that you:
- Understand that In the event of not attending or having to cancel an appointment, You will be charged a cancellation fee1 unless you:
- Give at least 24 hours notice of cancellation2.
- Notify the clinic the day before the appointment is due if this falls within the 24 hour period.
- Understand that the osteopath will ask fairly detailed questions regarding my health; past and present, to build up an accurate picture of your condition.
- Understand that after this, the therapist will need to carry out a physical examination and assessment which may require the removal of some outer clothing. This will enable the osteopath to accurately determine the condition and cause.
- Understand that you may be required to perform simple movements for the osteopath to properly assess and understand the condition.
- Understand that once your condition has been properly assessed, the osteopath will need to perform a hands-on treatment to enable the condition to resolve.
- Understand and consent to these examination, assessment and treatment procedures.
- Have read and understand the possible treatment reaction(s) as detailed here.
We take your privacy very seriously so by making an appointment, you:
- Understand your Name, Address, Telephone number and certain personal details will be held on record in whatever format Bolton Osteopathic Clinic wishes, and that Bolton Osteopathic Clinic may use these details to contact me or for internal audit / research.
- Understand that Bolton Osteopathic Clinic will not give, sell or otherwise disclose any of this information to any third party without your prior consent.
- Have fully understood and consent to the contract of care that Bolton Osteopathic Clinic operates under for yourself or consent on behalf of a minor in your care.
- Understand that this this document will be permanently available at this web address as a record of your accepting the contract of care by making an appointment.
- Understand that you can be removed from our database and unsubscribe from all communications at any point you wish, but we are legally obliged to keep hold of your records for seven years from your last appointment.