This dark chocolate melt in the middle cake loves you right back no matter what your relationship status on Valentine’s day.
Self love is crucial so make yourself this beautifully indulgent dessert on Valentine’s or indeed, any day for that matter.
I adapted this recipe from @bbcgoodfood and I’m so happy how well a gluten free version works.
100g dark chocolate chopped
100g dairy free butter (or normal)
150g coconut sugar (or normal)
3 large eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla extract or powder
50g gluten free chocolate plain flour
1) melt the chocolate and butter together in a bowl over a pan with simmering water. Allow to cool for ten mins.
2) Add the sugar first, and mix, then eggs, mix, then the rest of the ingredients
3) divide the mixture between 4 slightly oiled (with butter) ramekins or small ceramic bowls
4) bake at 200 degrees Celsius for 10-12 minutes, take out when the outer cake has become spongey but the middle is still wobbley to get the perfect melt in the middle effect
5) use a knife to make the pudding loose from the ramekin and turn out onto a plate and serve up! I turn them round again but it’s risky business hehe
Forget about how commercialised Valentine’s Day is, the essence of it reminds us how important love is, so spread the love, eat food that makes your heart happier, and remember to love yourself every step of the way.